Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where can I buy a Rolls Royce Merlin aircraft engine?

My father is looking for a Rolls Royce Merlin aircraft engine (any condition) but cannot find anything similar for sale anywhere on the internet! He is willing to pay international delivery (within reason) and would be most appreciative if anyone can help us out. He does not want the Meteor engine as this is tank specific, please help|||look in trade-a plane classifieds under war-birds parts. un-airworthy Merlin's can also be found around hydro boat and tractor pull enthusiasts. John Dilly out of Auborn Ind. could probably give you a lead. Kermit Weeks of 1400 Broadway Blvd. S.E. Polk City, FL. 33868 (863)984-3500 may have or know where you can get what your looking for. Also Tom Riley Kissimmee, FL|||A similar engine to go fro would be the American Allison-V1710 which will deliver 1200HP. There seems more of an abundance on the net. Alternatively contact The Spitfire Aircraft Company in the U.S who specialize in Spitfire replicas. They might be able to help.

Report Abuse


|||I have 3 of these for sale, please email me for more info if you are still interested.


johnwebbuk@msn.com

Report Abuse


|||I have 3 of these RR Merlins for sale, please email me for more info if you are still interested.


johnwebbuk@msn.com

Report Abuse


|||Has he checked Ebay yet? I can't really think of any where else but Craigslist, but don't even bother to look on there|||This is going to drive you nuts,I know of one,still in the original grate.It's never been run since it left the factory,Bad news is the guy won't sell it.|||I cannot remember the guys name but he rebuilds merlins in Tehachepi, CA. I'm sure that if you can get in touch with David Price, the owner of the war bird museum in Santa Monica, CA he will put you in touch. I know that his mustang engines are rebuilt by this guy. They say he's the best there is. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment