Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What are the BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Rolls-Royce of SLR Cameras?

I think that:





the BMW of SLR Cameras is Nikon





the Mercedes-Benz of SLR Cameras is Canon





the Roll-Royce of SLR Cameras is Hasselblad|||I have a Nikon EM. Definitely the 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV of cameras.|||Well, I would say that Nikons are the Mercedes-Benz, and Canons are the BMWs. But then I have a beautiful old Nikon that works like a dream - I'd almost call it a Daimler.





The Rolls-Royce is obviously the Hasselblad. No argument there.





But aren't you forgetting that the Aston Martin of SLRs is the Leica?|||i personally am favouring my canon camera at the minute..perfect for all i need it to do and easy enough to use :)|||I'm feeling my Nikon right now, followed by Cannon, I also like the Olympus E -series|||The Hasselblad is definitely the Rolls-Royce. Their H3D camera is about $30,000 and around 39 or 49 megapixels. My camera is 8.5 megapixels and it can make a poster sized print. You do the math. :)|||I agree with your conclusions, but would like to add that a Contax is the Bentley.|||dear,


my modest opinion is


number 1 is hasselblad


number 2 is nikon


number 3 is canon.


i think that most of the professional photographer use nikon cameras.|||Well - I think you answered your question....I agree. I use Canon and I'm a Benz guy all the way....so I'm living proof.|||Truthfully, there is not enough difference between one or the other to matter. You need what feels good in your hands.





You can take bad pictures with a Hasselblad and very good pictures with a point and shoot all in the same photo shoot.





The glass would be the only difference. Camera is a Latin word meaning "room" or "box." It is the quality of the glass and the skills of the photographer that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment